Saturday, December 3, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #1


I thought I would begin this Christmas Season a little differently.  I have so many blessings and sometimes I do not realize it until I sit down and begin to write.  This coming year will be grand new adventures; a new children's book series,  possibly finish my second novel, win a war against evil, expand my little horse herd, two piano/cello recitals, an Alaskan cruise, my daughter's wedding, and praying that my husband will be well enough to do those things that he wishes to accomplish.
 
My #1 Christmas Blessing which I appreciate very much is my work ethic. Whether you own your own business or work in amongst or alongside others, work ethic can affect your bottom line and your reputation.  The solution is to foster and maintain a strong work ethic.  A strong work ethic energizes you, your employers, and your employees to face challenges head-on, be your best and keep you at the top of your game.
 
Being professional involves everything from how you dress and present yourself in the business world to the way you treat others.  Professionalism is such a broad category that it basically encompasses all of the other elements of a strong work ethic.  Looking well-dressed, speaking well, and listening to other opinions and remarks makes for great professional character.
 
I love to display grace under pressure and this is my biggest blessing and asset.  No matter how tight the deadline or heated the tempers, I always remain poised and diplomatic.  Whether I am serving a customer, meeting with a client, or collaborating with colleagues, I do my best to respect everyone's opinions, especially under trying circumstances.  This shows I value people's individual worth was well as their professional contributions.  I do my best to show kindness and empathy even to those who wish to do me harm and try to understand that it may not be about me but about their own insecurities and sadness.
 
I can be relied upon to be dependable.  I am always arriving at my employments 15-20 minutes earlier than my start time, rarely ever sick or take vacations, I am always prepared for my meetings, I delivery my work on schedule and usually in advance of deadlines, and never leave until all aspects of what is expected of me is completed.   My reputation for reliability precedes me because I have proven over time that customers, clients, and colleagues can trust that I will do everything that I say that I will.  It is an uncertain world, and I know that I am appreciated for the stability that I embody.
 
I am grateful for the blessing of dependability.  I do not stop until the job is done and it is done correctly.  "Good enough" is not good enough in my vocabulary for my team and I.  I aim for outstanding in all that I do which includes college classes. church activities, and employment.  I put in extra hours to make things right, give great attention to detail, and devotion to excellence.  My passion shows in how hard I work and the results I achieve. 
 
I do not let obstacles stop me and I enthusiastically embrace challenges like a mountain climber who ascends higher and higher until the summit is reached.  I know that my job as an entrepreneur and employee is to solves my client's problems and I resolve continually to seek better and more innovative answers.  With purpose and resilience, I push ahead, no matter how far I have to go.  If a bully decides to seek havoc to reputation and employment, I ascend above with justice, perseverance, much better employment, and resolve.  I expect others around me to meet the same high standards, and support those who accept responsibility instead of blaming others.
 
I love acknowledging everyone's contributions and freely share credit for accomplishments.  I love showing gratitude to co-workers and colleagues who work hard, and show appreciation to customers and clients.  I am open to learning from others, even as I teach people through my words, actions, and example.  And, while I always take my work seriously, I strive to maintain a sense of humor about myself. 
 
Am I grateful for this Christmas blessing?  Absolutely!  Because I know that despite challenges, I will always be able to work, work well, and support my family without outside resources.  This is the best blessing ever, because ..
 
I ride the dark horse!
 
 
Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com




All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment