Saturday, December 17, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #14



I am grateful for being able to pursue my dreams.  Some have been put on hold for a bit but hard work and perseverance is keeping some very much alive!   Our world totally turned on us about two years ago when my husband became severely ill once again.  This meant job loss for him and ever-accumulating medical charges that never seem to end.  Even outside opposition presented itself to cause havoc and harm.  Yet, we were are! Doing better, stronger, and loving life more than ever!


There are three things I ask myself before I am ready to give up on my dreams:


1. Have I given all the energy I can give to this?  Be honest with yourself. Have you tried everything to achieve your dream? Sometimes it takes the help of a friend or coach to point out that you haven’t. I have a wonderful personal coach that I am working with in exercise and self-worthiness.  What a difference it has made in my outlook  in walking the path of sometimes disappointment and despair.

2. Have I tried to accomplish my dream in a new, different way? Achieving your goals is typically never straightforward, and you may need to try something you’ve never done before to get there.  Challenge may be uncomfortable but the rewards are incredible.

3. Ten years from now, will I regret giving up on this dream? It’s not always easy, but try to project into your future self, and determine as to whether or not you’ll have regrets later on. Time passes quickly, and ten years from now will be here before you know it.  It is important for me to protect my family, my home, my employments, and more than ever, me!  Seeking outside assistance may be necessary and worth it.

I remember that my potential is unlimited! And my dreams might be right in front of me. It might mean giving it more time and energy, working with a mentor or coach to guide me, or trying to approach it from a new angle.  In just a few months, I can go from “I can’t” to “I DID!”

My dreams are waiting for me to achieve them. I am not giving up because ..

I ride the dark horse .. 




Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com

All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment