Friday, December 23, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #18


I woke very early this morning as I had to attend to my part-time employment.  Sometimes working seven days a week can really take a toll but the importance of taking care of my family overshadows the sore joints and sleepless nights.  One reprieve I have right now is that I do not start back to college until January. 
 
When I arrived at my employment and had gone through the initial duties, I noticed an envelope in my drawer with my name on it.  When I opened the envelope, and then the card, a check fell out and onto the floor.  I picked it up and found a Christmas bonus!   What an incredible surprise!
 
Isn't it amazing how blessings appear at a moment when we least expect it?!   I am going to surprise my husband with a night out for our anniversary and a few other things!   More importantly, inside the card was a beautiful paragraph about how much I am appreciated, dependable, and in good spirits despite the battles I am facing at this time.   Having the compliment meant much more than the monies.
 
Is today easier than yesterday .. NO!  And tomorrow may be even harder, but deep down I know the journey will be worth it and the rewards many, because ..
 
 
I ride the dark horse ..
 
 

 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com


All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment