Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #12


My Christmas blessing this year has been able to apologize to certain others.  Being able to say you are sorry has a lot of power.  It can maintain healthy relationships, inspire self-reflections, and motivate a person to positively change their approach in the future.  A good apology is about looking into the inside of myself, carefully considering how my actions affect others, and thinking about how I can prevent misunderstandings from happening down the road.  Like any skill I practice, there is an art to "I am sorry".  Of course, there are some persons who do not care to receive an apology and that is all right as well.  Just know that I have tried to make things right once more is what truly matters.  Once enemies, we are now the best of friends.

Apologizing is great when my intent is to genuinely own up to my mistakes and make a change.  These past months, there are a few people that I have contacted, made amends, physical and emotional, and what a difference it has made.  I took in what was being said and examined why the person was offended.  I can actively change my behavior moving forward.  Finding a solution is important as well.  I will apologize after I have looked at the dispute with a clear head and are ready to take responsibility.  In the past, I have taken responsibility regardless if I was wrong or right.  I no longer do this.  I will take responsibility and restore integrity.  Actions speak louder than words.  

It is okay to feel hurt or upset during a confrontation, so I give myself some time to process the situation.  It may be 10 years or so before I decide to confront an individual and if need be, apologize.  In regards to one situation, I am still very hurt and the deceptions continue.  When all calms down and it seems appropriate, the blessing of apology will come.   

The blessings of this Christmas have already been abundant.  I couldn't be happier with the way live is advancing for the wonderful because ..

I ride the dark horse ..


Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com

All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment