Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #11

My Christmas Blessing today is evolution.  Not the evolution like creation .. or the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.  My evolution  means the gradual development of something especially from a simple to a more complex form; like me!
 
"What a man can be.  This need we call self-actualization". ~ Abraham Maslow
 
This past year has been amazing for me!  New adventures and amazing people.  So when I wanted to "evolve", I began writing down what would make me even more incredible.  Here is what I came up with and practice every day ..


 
I practice gratitude.  I look at the good parts.  Gratitude attracts more goodness and positivity in life.  I am grateful for so many blessings and accomplishments that have happened this year and will continue into the next year.

 
I have let go of defensiveness.  I am saving myself and others time by skipping excuses, taking accountability and general nonsense.  Beware of denial, intellectualization, rationalization, projection, and I look at my life honestly.  I have great family and friends for perspective.  If is only when I let down my defensive wall that I can truly do deeper work and grow.

 
I practice acceptance.  I no longer expend energy fighting or resisting what I cannot change (other people, their feelings, their behaviors).  Instead, I empower myself to change what I can; my thinking, my behaviors, and most important, my boundaries.

 
I am learning to forgive and letting go of resentments.  I work to untether myself from the negative experiences of the past.  During times of prayer and meditation, I give thanks for wisdom and knowledge gained in my suffering. 

 
I am trying to be authentic and real.  I have gained much confidence and courage.  Those extra pounds do not matter any more because the people that matter most accept me for all of me.

 
I try to reflect empathy.  I no longer have the need for judgment.  I try to consider how others feel and reflect back to them when appropriate.

 
I am practicing to be direct.  Say what I mean and mean what I say.  The truth will set me free. 

 
I am kind and compassionate by only saying things that are kind, necessary and true.  I am of service to others.  I consider the needs and feelings of others before any action.

 
Most important, I am learning to love myself.  I am practicing compassion and self-care of me.  I am intelligent, beautiful, and wonderful things are happening in my life. 

 
So this Christmas Blessing is my ability to celebrate my life, my unique spirit and gifts, taking excellent care of myself and my family, surrounding myself with people who love me, want the very best for me and help me grow because ..

 

                                                     I ride the dark horse ..


Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com

All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment