Saturday, December 24, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #20



I love our home.  It is one of our most important and wonderful blessings.  An early, rambling farm house with four levels, 5 bedrooms, three bathrooms and wonderful nooks and crannies, it fills our lives with love and sanctuary.  Many wonderful adventures and incredible relationships happen under our roof.  With my husband's illness, it has become even more important for me to make it a cheery, uplifting place for him to be.  The fireplace and wood stove provides warmth and conversation.  Family pictures and portraits compliment each room.
 
My son and his fiancĂ© lost their cat two days ago to an incurable disease and the telephone rang asking if they could stay with us because they needed the warmth of home and family.  This is one of the best compliments I could ever have.  There are some, with their embittered feelings, that proclaim that I do not have such a life, but I do, and more blessed than ever!
 
There is nothing better than to come home to a clean, organized home complete with wonderful aromas of baking and today was a day such as that.  Tomorrow our home will be filled with family and friends to enjoy our Christmas decorations and lights, gifts and chocolate, the wonderful food and conversation that comes from a day such as Christmas.  We will rejoice in having one more year with my beloved husband and the excitement  of embarking on new adventures in the year to come.  These are the blessings that mean most and are cherished.  Building the memories to last us into the forever because ..
 
 
I ride the dark horse ..
 
 
 


 

 
Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com


All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.


No comments:

Post a Comment