Sunday, December 4, 2016

My Christmas Blessing #4



How much do I love my sons?  I never tire of talking about them, listening to them, and so appreciate their thoughtfulness and care.  Each so individual, yet so much alike.  Each an angel unaware; blessings in my life.

  • I love hearing his voice first thing in the morning.  His voice crackles with sleep, drawn into the kitchen by the smell of breakfast.
  • He depends on me more than anyone else.
  • He is so tall that he will pick me up to give me hugs.
  • He kisses my forehead and calls me, "mama".
  • He makes me feel better when I have a tough day.
  • He wants to give money to the homeless man we see on the off-ramp.
  • He loves dogs and they love him in return.
  • He named his pet fish, Gavin, and wanted a brother named, Gavin.
  • He loves chocolate cupcakes with white frosting.
  • He says "hi" to everyone.
  • They made up a language of their own.
  • He gets super exited when something comes in the mail; except not so much now, as he has aged enough to get bills.
  • How committed he is to his girlfriend or wife.
  • He still loves to play with all of the matchboxes that I have saved since he was a small child.
  • He loves Stone Cold ice cream.
  • He gives me hugs when he wants something.
  • He loves his brothers even though he states that they annoy him.
  • He is well-behaved and respectful to all he meets.
  • He has an exceptional work ethic.
  • He loves his huge tool box and carefully makes sure all tools are in order.
  • I love the smell of his hair.
  • His eyes are the color of the ocean.
  • He finds joy in making others laugh.
  • He opens doors for those older than he is.
  • He loves to keep a clean, neat bedroom.
  • He keeps life interesting and impulsive.
  • He is a dreamer and has wonderful plans for the future.
  • When I look at him, I see my heart.
  • He loves to draw, paint, and create; just like me.
  • Sometimes, but not often, he lets me win when we play games.
  • He see people for who they are and not what they look like.
  • His eyes will tear when he is sad.
  • He is brave and willing to try new things.
  • He is quick to forgive everyone.
  • He loves for me to play the piano while he lays on the floor and listens.
  • He is gentle with children and animals.
  • He is great storyteller.
  • He has a sardonic sense of humor.
  • He is a born negotiator.
  • He brings me flowers and a diet coke with lime to my employment, "just because".
  • He assumes that every person he meets is a friend he hasn't met yet.
  • He is a great storyteller.
  • He snuggles up to me when we watch movies.
  • He is possessive and protective of me.
  • He sends me random text messages.
  • He proudly introduces me to everyone he knows.
  • He loves to surprise me with meals and chores being completed so I can work on my homework.

You may think that this is a lot but this describes ALL of my sons and the relationship that I have with them.  I could go on and on and on about how wonderful they are and how proud they make me feel.  So many blessings; so little words to describe how phenomenal they are, because ..

I ride the dark horse ..









Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com






All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment