Thursday, November 17, 2016

Happiness To Hold On To ..





Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, 
but let it go and you learn at once,
how big and how precious it is ..
~ Maxim Gorky ~

I saw this quote and it left me with a profound feeling.  After pondering for a bit, I am concluding that being happy is sometimes hard to see when we actually have it and sometimes leads us to take it for granted.  In our worst times, just the thought of being happy is these moments is a feeling that we sometimes wonder if we will ever feel again.  In order to avoid taking for granted being happy, we must take being happy seriously ..

Take Mr. Gorky for instance.  His life was less than happy.  Maksim Gorky is a pseudonym of  Alekesi Maksimovich Peshkov, who was born into a poor Russian family in Nizhnii Novgorod on Volga River.  Gorky lost his father at an early age, he was beaten by his stepfather and became on orphan at age 9, when his mother died.  He was brought up by his grandmother, who helped his development as a storyteller.  He was blessed with a brilliant memory but was unable to enter college.  At 19, he attempted suicide but decided to write and became a recognized storyteller.  He endured suffering, as alot of people have to, but took his talents and realized that writing secured what he needed and did not let the enormities of his anguish make excuses to what he thought to be his pitied existence.  What a great lesson can be learned from him and a poignant outlook for this quote.

We must know that happiness may come in the morning, but the joy you have in your life, and the thirst to live fulfilled and satisfied is something that a person can have at all times if they are willing to work at it.  I love working hard and I am the happiest when I am the busiest.  I know that must sound really strange but it is true of me.  My life is filled with employment, college classes, riding lessons, cello lessons, writing, housework, my land and animals, and taking care of my disabled husband.  I am elated with a job well done and even more ecstatic when I happen upon a solution to make less work and more profit.  Saving coupons, thrift stores, planning menus for my family, adding to my food storage makes me happy and fulfilled.  I have dreams and goals as big as the Earth and day by day, slowly but surely, they are happening to me.  More now than ever before.

So, if I can offer a piece of advice, do not take your happiness for granted and appreciate the small things in life.  Appreciate the time that you spend with the people you love and appreciate every moment that you get to go after your dreams ..  And I can do this because ..

I ride the dark horse ..



Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com



All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.


No comments:

Post a Comment