Sunday, April 26, 2020

Resilience


With the assistance of my incredible husband, I have converted our basement area into a painting studio.  I used to oil, acrylic, and water paint when I was younger.  I have joined a painting class and it has provided for great opportunity in relaxation and definition. 

In material science, resilience is the ability of a material to absorb energy when it is deformed elastically, and release that energy upon unloading. Proof resilience is defined as the maximum energy that can be absorbed up to the elastic limit, without creating a permanent distortion. The modulus of resilience is defined as the maximum energy that can be absorbed per unit volume without creating a permanent distortion.  

The past two weeks have proved interesting.  Due to the corona virus and certain cowards/bullies within the realms of my life, I was dismissed by my employment.  I have found it to be a blessing as within the week I acquired another employment with incredible persons (one with great disdain for a family member who caused drama in his life) and even more monies. You see, resilience tends to be my middle name and much to the demise of my enemies.  

When I paint a canvas, I see the finished product in my mind.  My life is like the white canvas on the easel.  The colors that I use are of my choosing.  It is the start of my life and the white space is open for new experiences and opportunities in its goal of creating a masterpeice.  It is empty to fill with all of the upcoming creations of my journey.  As we add color on the canvas, in all different colors and directions, we add even the smallest of our life experiences.  We can even overlap old and create new.  

This is an unique kind of beauty.  If someone leaves my life due to any circumstance and just because I don't see them or talk to them anymore doesn't mean that they are not in my masterpiece.  Of course, a part of my painting may not be completely visible but it is still there.  I can see the colors, the individuals and the experiences that have occurred since the beginning of my white canvas.  All of the intertwined into my life experience.  My life gives me time and space to fill my masterpiece with the colors of my choice to create the masterpiece that is my life. 

Resilience is the beautiful color that runs through my painting.  There are legal avenues to handle the wrongs and it is sad that the dark lines of gossip and drama are not brought to me in person to resolve.  The dark lines are covered by subtle and calming colors to show my love and resilience.  These colors are at the forefront of my masterpiece.  Experiences and individuals confront us and they can test us.  It can be clean or it can be messy.  I am the artist that gets to decide what colors portrayed on my canvas and everyday a new color is added.  A new line, a new mark, and a new part of my life.  The beautiful colors are my choice.

Copyright@2020 
www.CandidCandaSpeaksOut.com

All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be printed, copied, reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.




No comments:

Post a Comment