Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Valentine Tribute to My Phenomenal Husband ..



I have been married to my best friend for 18 years.  He is the love of my life and the last 4 years have become the best years yet!  I am thankful to have time with him despite dealing with his critical illness.  Over the past two years, we have nearly lost him to Heaven four times.  His courage and strength is incredible.

I love his steady, happy self, despite not feeling good most of the day and night.   He values my opinions and my decisions.  He supports me in so many ways; shows enthusiasm, compliments and congratulates, smiles and laughs with me and he knows that I will be there for him until the end.  He spends a good part of his day sleeping and attempts to do what he can the rest of the day.  Despite times of barely able to get out of bed, I find my car started and warm. I come home to a warm supper and smiles!

He is an affectionate man, giving hugs, kisses, and sweet words because that it his love language.  I love to find his love notes in my lunch, on my mirror, or in my car.  In the evening while I am dealing with my homework, he makes sure that I have ice water and snacks to carry me through.  Nightly, he sits to "de-brief" with me devoting his time to talk to me and listen to how my day went.  He is always great at being in this moment, right-now.  

For all of our marriage, he was on the road with his company of more than 30 years.  He never  missed calling me morning and night, sending flowers from the road, sending cards through the mail to always make me feel important and loved.  He would leave random cards and gifts in various areas of our home for me to find when he was away.  He is always thinking ahead.

We have survived the worst of the worse and celebrated the best of the best.  Some days we have not liked each other and there are days when we can't get enough of each other.  We understand how to bring out the best in each other which helps to survive the days that may not be so great.  Shared laughter is an important part of our relationship and seeing the the humor in catastrophes seems to pull us through.

We love road trips and vacations.  We leave every chance we can get.  New adventures bring out the child-side of us.  Long walks in the evenings, ocean shores, deep sea fishing, and boating takes away the cares and concerns of our world.  He loves to work in the yard, till the fields with his tractor, and feed the animals.  He loves to watch me with our horses; helping at competition and cheering along the way.  He is kind to our dogs and cats making sure that they are loved and cared for.  I appreciate how he loves to be clean and organized like me.  He puts up with my innate sense of coordination down to plates, silverware, and towels. 

Today I am grateful for my husband .. Who knows what the tomorrow, next week, or next year will bring, but today I am grateful for one more day, one more smile, one more hug, one more kind word, and an evening where he will greet me and we will enjoy the moon and the stars together because ..

I ride the dark horse ..








Copyright © 2017 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com

All rights reserved. This blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, shared, posted or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author/publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.




No comments:

Post a Comment