Thursday, October 13, 2016

MAKING LEMONADE ..

I received a telephone call from on of my best friends and if I had received the call more than a year ago, I would have been very, very angry.  When she described the discrepancies <again>, there was a moment's pause, and I just started laughing <hysterically> and to the point where I was shedding tears.  I browsed through the pages of information my friend emailed me and written by my nemesis as well as the nemesis's colleagues and "husband", I laughed and laughed and laughed again.  I even went to  my dictionary and looked up the exact definition of 'nemesis ..
 
noun, plural nemeses
[nem-uh-seez] 
1.  something that a person cannot conquer, achieve, etc.:
2.  an opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.

I felt so much better; my nemesis will never equal, conquer or achieve what I have in this life because she is not ME.  She can try to mirror my accomplishments, where I live, whom I am married to, work where I work, take classes where I take classes, enjoy my family and friends because she can never be ME.  Yes, she seems to be an opponent but a rival for what?  There is no prize and if there, she can surely have it as I already have it so much better; paid for or not <as she has noted>, it is mine!  Retribution; surely not! I have no time for it but the laughter in regards to it is delightful.  And to be blamed for such trivial events that I did not involve myself in .. Again, the laughter.  In the beautiful bubble of my world, it means nothing nor does it affect me any longer.

Looking back and in the continuing forward, there is no doubt that each one of my bullying experiences were windows of opportunity for learning and they were all pretty much the same.  Unfortunately, it went like this; this certain person decided that I was a threat and pursued me.  At times, she made me angry and at times, I responded to her taunting and teasing.  Yep, so wrong!  Since I have never have someone pursue me in this manner, it astonished me.  For a bit I was on the receiving end but now, I do not back down.  My nemesis has gone into hiding, unable to face me in person and unable to quit in her attacks.  If this is the sum of her world, so be it.  I am taking a stand in what I believe is to be fact.  I do believe in trying to ignore her and continue on in my wonderful life; one that she does not have and maybe this is why I am pursued.  I do not wish her any harm.  O cannot give her love and compassion, emotional stability, security and comfort and just life in general.  These have to be earned by her and her alone.

My life is a book with chapters and with each chapter I insert scenarios and situations constructed to help me learn a particular lesson or growth experience.  Why not look for these windows of opportunity?  Each time we learn a lesson or complete an experience on our "to do" list for our lifetime, we have more time to work on the other items on our learning list.  The more we accomplish, the more rapidly we mature spiritually.  There is so much that I want to accomplish before I finish this life.  To make sure that we learn a particular lesson that we are intent on learning, we incorporate many possible windows of opportunity into our lives so that if we miss one, we will have another chance to acquire the learning or the experience that we need or want for physical, emotional and spiritual growth.  Fighting, feuding, and allowing my nemesis to make me angry keeps in in one chapter and I want to move forward into the next one, finish the book, make money on my books to further my ambitions.  I think that sounds like a phenomenal idea!  So the next chapter is all about me .. 

Because I ride the dark horse ..




Copyright © 2016 by CandaLeeParker, IRideTheDarkHorse.com
All rights reserved. This
blog or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or similar cited with author's name and copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment